1/3 Ellen Ripley

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would take a Ripley statue in a sec!
1/3 1/2 or even a life size bust.
I really hope Blitzway, Queen studios or even PCS with its 1/3 iconic line will make it happen very soon.

I would take a Ripley statue in a sec!
1/3 1/2 or even a life size bust.
I really hope Blitzway, Queen studios or even PCS with its 1/3 iconic line will make it happen very soon.
I think if people are talking about it someone will start the ball rolling.

I think if people are talking about it someone will start the ball rolling.

If only. I agree a Ripley statue needs to happen, but people expressing interest on SSF isn't enough to get such a project off the ground. There have been so many threads over the years begging Hot Toys for certain figures. Conan, Big Chap & Jungle Hunter 2.0, updated Colonial Marines, a BR Penguin and Catwoman to round out their Burton Batman line, a new Endoskeleton (Cameron design), the list goes on.

A customizer on here may do a small run of something. Or maybe a third party company does it unlicensed, but it doesn't seem like the heavy hitters care much what happens here. Heck, it took third party companies to make Trinity and Morpheus figures because Hot Toys can't finish what they've started even when it's sure to sell.

If only. I agree a Ripley statue needs to happen, but people expressing interest on SSF isn't enough to get such a project off the ground. There have been so many threads over the years begging Hot Toys for certain figures. Conan, Big Chap & Jungle Hunter 2.0, updated Colonial Marines, a BR Penguin and Catwoman to round out their Burton Batman line, a new Endoskeleton (Cameron design), the list goes on.

A customizer on here may do a small run of something. Or maybe a third party company does it unlicensed, but it doesn't seem like the heavy hitters care much what happens here. Heck, it took third party companies to make Trinity and Morpheus figures because Hot Toys can't finish what they've started even when it's sure to sell.

That's pretty sad. One of us needs to infiltrate one of these companies and get it done haha. The fact that there has never been a 1/3 of Ripley is just nuts. Imagine an Alien day announcement, fans would lose their minds. But evidently the Alien license is expensive to purchase, I'd think sigourney weaver would be all over it as far as financially.

She did?

The NECA sculpts were generally not good, but from our POV were better than nothing. Hot Toys didn't blow me away either.

I thought the NECA ones were so off because they could not secure her likeness. So they made a generic Ripley. At least, that's what I hope happened, because.....yikes.

I thought the NECA ones were so off because they could not secure her likeness. So they made a generic Ripley. At least, that's what I hope happened, because.....yikes.

Oh no that was neca trying to capture her likeness. Let's face it they are too small to capture that. A 1/3 Blitzway could though

I've joked to that effect myself. They could have made those same figures without paying for her likeness, pretended the sculpts weren't based on Sigourney and had complete plausible deniability :lol

Still, I'm glad to have them even as they are.

I would love Queen to do a 1/4 version from Aliens. 1/3 is not my favourite scale in statues, but if they made one that size, I would buy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would love Queen to do a 1/4 version from Aliens. 1/3 is not my favourite scale in statues, but if they made one that size, I would buy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well 1/3 or 1/2 seems to be the most in demand scale now
Plus if you look at all the ALIEN scaled statues the majority is 1/3. If they went 1/4 they would sacrifice a huge part of the market.

I feel like this is something people often joke about, but not many would actually buy.

Maybe the crowd that bought Prime 1's Gantz statues would be into it, but I don't know how much they overlap with Alien and Predator fans.

Agreed, would never happen but I think its indeed a fun idea and that's good enough for me.

seriously...give me a deluxe base option with self destruct countdown system including lights, countdown voice and yellow slow strobes and it's a grail for me. Offer a a lean base for customers who don't want this.

Predictable, boring, at least add a self destruct system base or something.... wasn't tacky in the film

When I think of Ripley, specifically in ALIEN, especially in the first 1/3 high end collectable, the last thing would be her in underwear.
I think of her alone on the ship terrified for her life. Not knowing where the ALIEN is.

Back