1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember watching a video that shows this statue in production and their QA process. Looked pretty impressive and professional. But that was never seeing what the prototype looked like and I was never interested in this actual predator so never paid attention to the little details. After seeing such a big difference, I am concerned, esp the alien base had already been downgraded.

They said they're expanding their team and improving their process to get better results, but I'd rather see some proof before placing an order for something iffy and hoping it miraculously comes out better than the proto.

If this sells out and ends up being a masterpiece in the end, it'll be hard to feel bad about missing out because we were given every reason to hold off.

I also airbrush...and that paint on the right is downright horrid.

As I said, I preordered their Warrior, as I don’t like the Prime 1 Warrior.

But I will cancel if final production statue has a bad paint app, I do not care about the downpayment. I might even accept shipment to my address. I will check it out. If it is bad, it will go straight back to Sideshow.

I remember watching a video that shows this statue in production and their QA process. Looked pretty impressive and professional. But that was never seeing what the prototype looked like and I was never interested in this actual predator so never paid attention to the little details. After seeing such a big difference, I am concerned, esp the alien base had already been downgraded.

Beesub shrunk the base after listening to people complaining that it was way too big. So he does listen. Unfortunately, he’s not involved with the paint app.

I don't know that beesub has the final say regarding sculpt. He can pass on feedback, but can he make unilateral decisions? Because in all honesty, the base could be even smaller.

Would be great if Infinity Studio nabbed the Alien license to go with their Predator stuff. After what we've seen from P1 and CP, I imagine they'd come up with the efficient yet interesting display so many of us crave.

Well, Sideshow just emailed me that the Warrior has been cancelled. I had already paid the entire amount, but Sideshow just fully reimbursed me. Looks like Coolprops is no longer a player in the statue business. Too bad, because I love their Giger maquette and was looking forward to the Warrior. Well, I guess that’s it. Now I’m going to use the refund to preorder Prime 1 Alien Warrior. It was fun while it lasted. Good bye.

Well, Sideshow just emailed me that the Warrior has been cancelled. I had already paid the entire amount, but Sideshow just fully reimbursed me. Looks like Coolprops is no longer a player in the statue business. Too bad, because I love their Giger maquette and was looking forward to the Warrior. Well, I guess that’s it. Now I’m going to use the refund to preorder Prime 1 Alien Warrior. It was fun while it lasted. Good bye.

Though I didn't preorder this one, it was always a Plan B in the back of my mind. Would've loved to see what they did with the design.

Hope someone fills the void left by this piece. I wouldn't be surprised if Prime 1's release goes rocky (if it makes it to production at all).

Well, CP was dead in the wind already for at least two years. I still doubt that the P1 Warrior will work out the way they promoted the prototype, but maybe now they take their chance and make some modifications.

Add me to the list of Sideshow/:cry:Coolprops Warrior cancellations...
😭

I feel your disappointment.

Man, I even had the perfect spot for it too, next to my CoolProps Giger maquette and P1 Big Chap. The dimensions of the CoolProps Warrior’s base fit perfectly. I initially said I was now going for the P1 Warrior, but the base is beyond humongous, I have no free 30”x30” space available. Also, P1 is being very quiet about their Warrior too. So many people complaining about the gigantic base. They might cancel that one too…

😭

Sculptor said they are still in talks with the licensor.
Hmm, wonder if this has anything to do with what was mentioned in the NECA thread (the licensors being more particular following the Disney buyout).

Was it beesub that told you this? Does that mean the maquette is on hold or are they actually cancelling for now?

It is cancelled. According to licenses, CP did not deliver in time, as these are handed out only for a certain time frame. Only company that holds Alien and Predator related licenses for big statues right now is Prime1. And don´t ask me about the source of this info.

That last sentence raises an eyebrow.

If it's a matter of not releasing on time, I'm surprised they solicited this maquette at all. The original release date was late 2021 and these kinds of pieces always get delayed, especially at CoolProps. No way it was going to make that deadline.

There's no doubt another company will pick up where Coolprops left off; there's too much money left on the table with this franchise not to do so. The worst part is the waiting game...sigh...Company X releases these beautiful teaser shots of an amazing piece, with a tentative release date a full year out, then a pre-order is announced (shipping a year from THEN), only to then be delayed another full year by COVID-related issues/worldwide shipping delays. I almost wish they'd announce stuff like, "SURPRISE! Check out this badass Big Chap, available now! In-stock in the US/UK/AUS/wherever, ships same day!" The waiting is the killer.

Back