1/12 Hot Toys - Batman: 1989 - Batwing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s seems that a 89 Batwing from Mcfarlane is on the works.

369B4B68-B409-4191-83AB-6085F5DF769C.jpeg

If I remember correctly their Gold line is 8 inch ?
So approx 1/10 scale?
Any idea of the budget?
Let’s see if HT reacts with its 1/12 one…

@Jay Virtual
It seems that you deleted your message but to answer you, I think that you’re probably right.
HT used to play with us so many times, showing pieces that they never produced.
Like many others here, I never understood this bad practice…
In the meantime, I just can’t imagine them spend money for developing cathedral base, Batcave Dio and 1/12 batwing just for glory.
With 1/6 Joost’s batwing and this new possibly mcfarlane’s one, maybe HT will understand the demand for more 89 stuff…
Who knows with HT…
The most unpredictable maker…

Z35EFC4.jpg

396956-33D3AF00-9784-40D3-9120-41403CE7CD78.jpeg

For more of these high-end, niche and risky larger sets like the Bat-Wing or Mando's N1 Fighter
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/hot-toys-mandalorian-n-1-starfighter.246321/ Has HT ever done more of a crowd funding style back a project pre-sale, with deadline commitment to purchase, knowing it will only be fulfilled and go into production, if the minimum number of necessary backers / funding is reached?

Curios what numbers these two would generate?

Last edited:
Seems the mcfarlane 7’’ Batwing is still scheduled.

3601360C-7625-4FA2-83C0-A1EE4BEE6B69.png

4F34FBE1-CC43-4414-AF0F-318A581E2B2F.png

It seems based on The Flash movie. The question is: will it be different than the 89 version…?
HT is maybe also waiting the upcoming movie to announce theirs?
🤔

Contrary to what we thought initially, the Batwing will have a new specific shape in the Flash movie.
E8DAB7A7-5AA8-4F6F-AF02-5739BA6B20BF.jpeg

Do you think it could nip in the bud the development of the 1989 batwing from HT ?

Last edited:
Contrary to what we thought initially, the Batwing will have a new specific shape in the Flash movie.
View attachment 615534
Do you think it could nip in the bud the development of the 89 batwings from HT or mc farlane?
That's pretty slick, too bad this whole Dark KeatonReturns is attached to the Flash flik.

Last edited:
Yeah saw on FB… Not really fan of the sculpt.

Now there is a fresh new Batwing and a new suit, I don’t see HT putting effort on 89 stuff…

since i have been collecting HT toys for over a Decade now, i have come to think this company is Handicaped by licensing issues outside of Japan/China or Disney has paid them handsomly to produce Marvel Toys as if they were a monlthly magazine release

i dont blame them, Iron man Figures is like a Gundam Gunpla Plastic kit thats easy to print and reprint for a fraction of what they will need for Batman license
keep my money.jpg

Back