1/12 Hot Toys - Batman: 1989 - Batwing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's over first week of August so within the next week or two. They have sent some prototypes to SDCC and will be adding some to their own event.

There's also Anicom starting on the 29th.

It's over first week of August so within the next week or two. They have sent some prototypes to SDCC and will be adding some to their own event.

There's also Anicom starting on the 29th.
Do you know if the hot toys Batmobile from The Batman [starring Robert Pattinson] will be on display in the next phase of Summer Showcase or SDCC next week?

I don't know of any specific figures or vehicles, just event dates amd previous patterns of reveals.

Going by previous years, HT will start teasing new figures for SDCC every day possibly starting tomorrow or Sunday leading up to preview night next Wednesday.

Expect nothing but mostly Marvel and Star Wars, with a tiny bit of DC, and maybe a random figure thrown in like Neo.

I don't know of any specific figures or vehicles, just event dates amd previous patterns of reveals.

Going by previous years, HT will start teasing new figures for SDCC every day possibly starting tomorrow or Sunday leading up to preview night next Wednesday.

Expect nothing but mostly Marvel and Star Wars, with a tiny bit of DC, and maybe a random figure thrown in like Neo.
Hot Toys have done pretty well with DC, with the reveal of their 1989 Batwing [which was COMPLETELY unexpected], so we'll have to wait and see what else they have on display in the 2nd phase of Summer Showcase, and SDCC next week.......:)

Hopefully we'll see hot toys reveal 1/4 89 and 92 Keaton Batman figures......:pray::pray::pray::pray:

hobbit-tempt.gif

Seriously though 1/4 89 Batman and Joker is the dream....

Here's hoping (like always) that Hot Toys will finally reveal their Batman Returns Catwoman and Penguin....
or maybe Inart can do them? :unsure:
My dream announcements are the 2 of them plus Arkham Knight Scarecrow, Arkham City Mr Freeze and AC Riddler

I hope that everyone that wants a 1/12 batwing can get one, I just don't think that it will be HT that brings it to the market (for a host of reasons). When they released the 1/12 bat, they had the figures and accessories to go with it, but nothing here. It would be more encouraging if they showed a 1/12 Batman and/or Joker to go with this. Maybe even a cardboard podium for the joker to stand on with his gun aimed at the batwing. I just can't take an action figure company seriously that omits the action figure.

Maybe you guys can get together on Joost's facebook page and try to rally him into making one.

I hope that everyone that wants a 1/12 batwing can get one, I just don't think that it will be HT that brings it to the market (for a host of reasons). When they released the 1/12 bat, they had the figures and accessories to go with it, but nothing here. It would be more encouraging if they showed a 1/12 Batman and/or Joker to go with this. Maybe even a cardboard podium for the joker to stand on with his gun aimed at the batwing. I just can't take an action figure company seriously that omits the action figure.

Maybe you guys can get together on Joost's facebook page and try to rally him into making one.
I have previously asked Jazz Inc about a 1/12 Batmobile Tumbler, but it isn't on their radar as their audience want 1/6. Hopefully this changes, as I prefer 1/12 vehicles.

Wonder if hot toys will re-issue the 1989 Batmobile to go with the 89 Batwing.....:unsure:

Agreed.

I would think there would be more of a chance for a 1989 batmobile reissue if they reissued the 1989 batman figure. Those seem to be a more complimentary set of products, rather than the two vehicles in different scales. I’d love a 1989 batman reissue. Hopefully, that will happen and HT will revisit the franchise.

Joost has already stated that he is working on a 1989 batmobile, so I would expect there should be some more information coming from jazzinc on that sometime this year.

Now that HT has apparently noticed jazzinc, it will be interesting to see if they want to go toe to toe with them on the 1989 batmobile. If that actually happens, I think jazzinc will win on accuracy and quality, but HT may be better on price. Time will tell.

Part of me regrets buying the Hot Toys 89 Batmobile and would substitute it for a good 1/12 scale equivalent.

Then again I do like having a complete set of the Hot Toys Tim Burton movie releases. Well, complete apart from that weak Bruce Wayne from the Returns 2-pack.

Back