1/12 Hot Toys - Batman: 1989 - Batwing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how they show this after years of doing nothing with the Burton Batman license.

Only reason they did it is because of JazzIncs. Period.

What a random and odd thing to have at a show. They are completely brain dead. If they were smart, they’d start hyping up Keaton Batman with some new 1/6 and 1/4 figures before the Flash promotions ramp up. Keaton Bats (and the Batmobile) is the main focus of that movie going forward and it would be nice if Hot Toys revisited the first two Burton films in anticipation for that. They could do a DX 09 2.0, Returns 2.0, the ‘89 armory vault, 1/4 Keaton or you know, Catwoman and Penguin. Instead of gunning for companies like Inart and Jazz, why not go after all these bootleg companies that are taking their sculpts and making Nicholson Joker figures? Imagine new Hot Toys 1/6 and 1/4 versions of Nicholson Joker, like they bragged about when they first acquired his likeness rights.

But they won’t do any of that. They’re completely out of touch.

Last edited:
Some of y'all gotta accept that some of these are just cool display pieces for cons...

...and Howards man cave.

Exactly. And in this case it doesn’t even matter since JazzInc already has a very real and very impressive fully licensed 1:6 version in production that people can buy.

Things like this and the ‘22 Batmobile really just feel like Hot Toys trying to mess with JazzInc and Joost has been a class act in response.

So if anyone wants an ‘89 Batwing, go order theirs.

https://jazzincdioramas.com/batman/16-scale-ultimate-1989-bat-wing-vehicle-with-opening-cockpit

It’s hard to get hyped for what’s essentially a display piece, or if it’s not it’s undersized and extremely expensive, all while I’d rather they just re-issue the 89 Batman.

Last edited:
It’s hard to get hyped for what’s a a display piece, or if it’s not it’s undersized and extremely expensive, all while I’d rather they just re-issue the 89 Batman.

They do it on purpose to get people talking like they are now. They’ve been doing that for years.

I love when they put the plaque display cards down with the license too, to make it seem like it’s coming soon.

This can go right up their ass along with their Millennium Falcon, Tie Fighter, Dark Knight Rises armory, The Vulture, 66’ and BvS Batmobiles. At this point, I’m sure Howard and Co. have enough room for them to fit

Hey so, if they release this, I would be hyped for a 1/12 1989 Batman.

I dislike the SH Figuarts for the sole purpose that the cape freaking sucks. Assuming they got The Bat Route lolol

What makes you think a little 1/12 Batman by Hot Toys would be any better?

Speaking of 1:12 Keaton, still waiting to see how Mezco’s turns out. We’re nearing 3 years at this point.

What I’d really like is for someone to make a high quality 1:12 Batmobile . . .

I don't know if anyone else caught Joost's update four days ago, but he said they were hoping to ship the first batch of 1989 batwings before Christmas (y)

Funny, 3 days ago I wrote on the « how to beat your addiction » thread:

« don’t want to buy anything else except a decent 89 Batwing… »

As a Batman 89 fan, this is the item I wait for years and to get out of the hobby even if I’m conscient that it could never see the light of day…
If it will, it will be an instant buy.

Don’t get me wrong. Congrats for all of you who ordered the Jazz’s one.
It’s a formidable prop.
As a European citizen, I would have rather gave my money to a European maker but with all the respect I have for the man and its work, I belong to a category of collectors that just can’t afford a 3 000€ « toy » and don’t have space for a gigantic Batwing.
And I think we are numbered in this case.

So, even if it’s not 100% accurate or perfect, I would be very pleased with a 1/12 HT Batwing.
Perfect scale and budget for me.

Funny, 3 days ago I wrote on the « how to beat your addiction » thread:

« don’t want to buy anything else except a decent 89 Batwing… »

As a Batman 89 fan, this is the item I wait for years and to get out of the hobby even if I’m conscient that it could never see the light of day…
If it will, it will be an instant buy.

Don’t get me wrong. Congrats for all of you who ordered the Jazz’s one.
It’s a formidable prop.
As a European citizen, I would have rather gave my money to a European maker but with all the respect I have for the man and its work, I belong to a category of collectors that just can’t afford a 3 000€ « toy » and don’t have space for a gigantic Batwing.
And I think we are numbered in this case.

So, even if it’s not 100% accurate or perfect, I would be very pleased with a 1/12 HT Batwing.
Perfect scale and budget for me.
Same. I'd like to represent the 1989 Batwing in my collection but 1/6 is too big for me. I would likely buy a 1/12 if Hot Toys released one - preferably with the inaccuracies that Jazz mentioned fixed.

So I'd like this to actually be made and a firm '**** you' to HT if it's just yet another showpiece without any intention to put it to market.

I specifically said “this” summer showcase meaning what we’ve so far. I’m fully aware we have other opportunities for potential reveals. It’s not my first rodeo. Relax
Here's some DC for you 😬
20220509_123117.gif

:lol

I wasn’t all up in arms about it when I posted so there was no reason for the “relax” part of your comment. Just saying it was disappointing that the other main lines have already gotten new reveals right out of the gate but DC hasn’t

Back