1:1 Medicom VCD Prop Size Gremlins Gizmo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! I am happy to see that people got another go at getting this one. After all these years, it still remains one of my favorite pieces.

So Medicom reissued (i.e. manufacutred more) this Gizmo several times over the past decade?

I have not opened the box yet but the outside packaging does not have any identifying markers showing a date/year like on most collectibles.

I think i saw a review from several years ago with a $225 MSRP price. And when Sideshow restocked it recently, it was listed it at $325. I ended up paying $400, which I'm sure was healthy markup for BAIT - apparently they only had 1 in their inventory, i noticed it's now Out of Stock.

Yeah, glad to finally add this to the collection. I've been buying these various Gizmo toys over the years (NECA had a decent one) but they all seemed like stop gaps. None of them were screen accurate, or did not have the right scale or expression fit to my liking. This Medicom is the definitive Gizmo.

I would say this was maybe the third time this version was reissued. There were also other variations with the same base figure like Santa and Rambo. Despite being reissued several times, the aftermarket is always sky high. It’s a spectacular piece.

It is one of my favorite piece. If only I could make the cage we see at the beginning of the first movie, it would be the perfect combo.
This figure is worth every dollar. I would never get rid of it.

I would say this was maybe the third time this version was reissued. There were also other variations with the same base figure like Santa and Rambo. Despite being reissued several times, the aftermarket is always sky high. It’s a spectacular piece.

Yes, it’s from 2019. I believe the others were from 2013 and 2014.
I was amazed to find it new.

Looks like Gizmo is back for preorder at BBTS at $395.

I bought it for around the same price a few months ago from Bait.

Ok, so I was brave enough to finally do some more modifications to Gizmo. Painted the nose and the mouth and the part of the eyelids between the lashes and the actually eye. I am really happy with him. Still find myself tweaking the fur every now and then with a comb, but don't plan to trim anymore off. Results below:

attachment.php

Any tips on how to make the fur that good? Ie trimming, brushing etc?

I would pay good money for an accurate gremlins 1 Gizmo. May very well get this though, as this still seems like the best there is - thanks for the post

I would pay good money for an accurate gremlins 1 Gizmo. May very well get this though, as this still seems like the best there is - thanks for the post

Trick or Treat sold a "puppet" version that looked more like Gizmo from the first movie, but quality was horrible. I have had the Medicom for quite a while and I love it.

Trick or Treat sold a "puppet" version that looked more like Gizmo from the first movie, but quality was horrible. I have had the Medicom for quite a while and I love it.

I have it. If you just want a cheap version of the character it works OK but it really came up way short of the prototype TOT showed. Definitely a disappointment. I'm waiting for a coupon to come in from Sideshow to order this Medicom. I have regretted passing since the last time it sold out.

Just got charging notice for this from Sideshow for next Tuesday the 2nd. I'm really excited to finally have a premium Gizmo in my collection!

Got mine too, in the UK so sure to get stung on taxes but so happy I finally got one!

Has anyone seen these yet? I'm hoping they being poses Stunt puppets they turn out better then the ones they did before.

Screenshot_20210119-201813_Instagram.jpg

Sideshow is shipping these out soon!

The trick or treat version looks decent but not as great as the medicom version is. I am curious about the daffy and other mogwai.

I own the Medicom figure for a few years already and it is one of my favorites.
The trick or treat versions look cheap. You can't beat the quality of the eyes, ears and overall proportions of what Medicom has been able to put together.

Noticed that the newer batch has something different to the others.... it has way more white hair by the ears where as the others don't.
Noticed today when a collector asked me how I added the extra :rotfl

Back