Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really, really impressed about how the articulation in the head completely takes this from looking really off to about as close as you can get to accurate. Wild to me that the ball jointed neck wasn't a standard issue part of this thing.

I agree - the lack of head articulation and being stuck with Grogu constantly looking up is the biggest negative imo. It's the main reason that I ordered the HT version in addition to the SSC one.

It sucks that they both have flaws. You're either stuck with Grogu always looking up with SS or having Grogu possibly getting a ripped chin over time with HT (definitely the worse of the two fates).

Last edited:
Thank you! I thought those little arm joints looked familiar. :lol That’s a great idea using them. I bet they could be used to articulate the legs as well.

I bought 2 of these stands a few months ago to do articulation on the arms, legs and head. Works been so busy just not had chance to do it yet.

I agree - the lack of head articulation and being stuck with Grogu constantly looking up is the biggest negative imo. It's the main reason that I ordered the HT version in addition to the SSC one.

It sucks that they both have flaws. You're either stuck with Grogu always looking up with SS or having Grogu possibly getting a ripped chin over time with HT (definitely the worse of the two fates).

That HT version has a lot more problems than just a ripped chin. The hands and feet are comically oversized and the likeness is way off.

That HT version has a lot more problems than just a ripped chin. The hands and feet are comically oversized and the likeness is way off.

I agree that the SS version is way more accurate and have no regrets in buying it. My biggest problem is the limitations of displaying it do to the upward head tilt. As awesome as it looks with the ball joint mods, I have no intention of carving up mine. I think SS came so close to perfection with their Grogu, except for the lack of head articulation.
As far as the HT one - I really don't mind it as much as I first did. Even on the show, Grogu looks different from time to time depending on if they are using CGI or puppet. At least his big feet will help him to stand better:lol. I never trusted the SS one to stand long on his own without the base.

My first Grogu is displayed in a custom display case. I also ordered the HT version but due to the hands etc I cancelled and bought a second sideshow Grogu to modify.

IMG_2392.jpg

Weird question I've seen a fair few videos where both the paint and clothing differ from some.
So for example the robe on some seem to sit higher showing the feet more and some seem to be cut better is this todo with futzing? The paint also seems to differ.

I've got mine coming next week from Sideshow, cancelled my hot toys because of the Jaw issue.

Weird question I've seen a fair few videos where both the paint and clothing differ from some.
So for example the robe on some seem to sit higher showing the feet more and some seem to be cut better is this todo with futzing? The paint also seems to differ.

I've got mine coming next week from Sideshow, cancelled my hot toys because of the Jaw issue.

I just got mine a couple weeks ago and I noticed the pink on the face wasn’t as prominent as earlier ones looked to be. I think some have mentioned that can vary. The robe on mine seems to sit a bit high than I’ve noticed in other’s pics but still drags the ground and completely hides the feet.

Back