►► Jkno's Imperial collection ◄◄

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denix MG34 also known as the base for the Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper DLT-19 rifle (and a couple others) arrived. One solid metal piece of 120 cm and 8 kg. A big heavy monster, which is pretty accurate, even barebones as this, but I still intend to add a couple greeblies to make is more starwarsy.

Denix-MG34-04.jpg

Denix-MG34-06.jpg

Denix-MG34-08.jpg

Denix-MG34-09.jpg

Denix-MG34-10.jpg

Denix-MG34-11.jpg

Stormtroopers14.jpg

Nice! Is it a reproduction or original? I think the barrel was taken out of the ones in the films. It'll be a little lighter with just the barrel shroud.
It is a replica made by the well known company Denix: MG 34 machine gun, Germany 1934 (WWII) - Submachine gun - World War I & II 1914-1945 - Denix Very close to the real deal, with minor differences, especially the sight. Otherwise the perfect choice to make a DLT-19, as it is full metal and heavy as hell.

The MG15 aka RT-97C Star Wars rifle had the barrel removed, so it is quite possible to have the MG34 with the same inner barrel removed to make it lighter

Sandtroopers waiting on street.jpg

Anyway T-tracks have been cut and tapered at the ends. Need to make V notches for the wire. The glue them with E-6000 as this glue is elastic and will not affect the paint of the MG34 if I ever want to turn it back as WW2 weapon replica (highly unlikely though).

t-tracks.jpg

DLT-19 screen used 02.jpg

Thanks old friend. :) After an absence caused by some family problems, including my father having a stroke, and he wasn't able to move, things are a bit better, and I'm back on the forums
Glad to hear it buddy! I've had some long lulls in activity myself. Glad the forum is still here!

I am still an Action Fleet fan, as I started collecting with these cool small ships, thus despite now being in the higher end collecting, I still look for ships and vehicles in that size. That being said a good friend of mine, some time ago made me a nice custom paint on a Micro Turbo Tank playset. Not long ago I bought a couple Disney Starspeeders which are also very close to the Action Fleet ships and vehicles. I asked my friend to repaint one of them, which was stated to yellow anyway, and add some cannons and turrets on it to make it some kind of an Imperial transport. Here is the result:

Disney-Star-Tours-Imperial-Starspeeder-08.jpg

Disney-Star-Tours-Imperial-Starspeeder-10.jpg

Disney-Star-Tours-Imperial-Starspeeder-11.jpg

Disney-Star-Tours-Imperial-Starspeeder-13.jpg

Disney-Star-Tours-Imperial-Starspeeder-14.jpg

Disney-Star-Tours-Imperial-Starspeeder-15.jpg

Disney-Star-Tours-Imperial-Starspeeder-07.jpg

This looks like a great book. Is there much about the SW Holiday Special, or it is just a couple of pages?
It is a huge book, very cool and well made. There are only about 4-5 pages about Holiday
Special and a few others about Ewok Adventure. Most of it, 97% or so is ANH, ESB and ROTJ.

I just did the tour of this thread - very cool stuff and I like how the images can be magnified.

Love those customized Action Fleet ships too - I started building a Mos Eisley AF playset with a bunch of the playset and character sets I bought on clearance maybe 20 years ago.

I just did the tour of this thread - very cool stuff and I like how the images can be magnified.

Love those customized Action Fleet ships too - I started building a Mos Eisley AF playset with a bunch of the playset and character sets I bought on clearance maybe 20 years ago.
Thanks. Many many years ago I started collecting with Action Fleet. Living in Eastern Europe means I didn't have access to the vintage figures back then, so I don't have a connection to them. But I love the Action Fleet ships, vehicles and playsets and the MicroMachines playsets (the MM figures not so much as they are too tiny and unarticulated). The AF figures were like miniatures of the Kenner/Hasbro 3" figures, and they had nice ships to fit in.

The ships themselves had amazing features and were pretty accurate too, considering they were just toys. Heck, the AF Snowspeeder is 98% in scale with the studio scale Snowspeeder that comes with the Master Replicas AT-AT Signature Edition, and that makes that MR AT-AT perfect for AF scale.

Comparison MR AT-AT & AF Snowspeeder 1.jpg

I wish I had a bigger house and a few display cabinets just for the AF and MM ships and playsets. Even now, when I collect props and helmets, I still love AF and MM, and I usually look for ships and vehicles that resemble these classic lines, and thus I found Xyber 9, Star Trek Innerspace and Strike Force, WOTC etc.

Yeah besides AF, the other two somewhat similar "forgotten lines" I love are the 2 1/2" scaled Unleashed (not to be confused with the older Hasbro approx 7" scale Unleashed statues) which I have a complete Hoth diorama of, including the very cool Unleashed snowspeeder. What's weird is some Hasbro 4" scale vehicles such as the X-wing are in perfect scale to this smaller Unleashed line.

Then the Titanium Ultra metal vehicles (more upmarket versions of the smaller metal Hasbro Titanium line that was more mass produced) are very cool. I actually have the AF snowspeeder (well, I have a few variants of that,) Titanium snowpseeder and then the slightly larger scale Unleashed snowspeeder, which are roughly similar sizes.

And love that MR ATAT. :clap

The display for the Denix DLT-19 Stormtrooper rifle is ready. Considering the full metal MG34 from Denix has about 8 kg, the support had to be very solid to hold this heavy piece. I'll still upgrade the DLT-19 with various parts and greeblies in the future, but glad the display is finished:

Denix-DLT-19-07.jpg

Denix-DLT-19-09.jpg

A new display stand for the RS Prop Masters ESB Stunt "Pugman" resin E-11 blaster. The stand has a mirror base and the blaster fits well on:

RS-Pugman-ESB-Stunt-Stormtrooper-blaster-19.jpg

RS-Pugman-ESB-Stunt-Stormtrooper-blaster-21.jpg

RS-Pugman-ESB-Stunt-Stormtrooper-blaster-22.jpg

RS-Pugman-ESB-Stunt-Stormtrooper-blaster-23.jpg

For the people wondering what is going on with this rough E-11 blaster, this was used in ESB by Snowtroopers as well in some promo shots with Leia. It was also used in ROTJ in some Endor and Death Star scenes. The one I own is the exact one RS made first and appeared on their site before the changes. It is made of black resin, not painted black. It is rough, doesn't have a hole in the barrel, no ring in the back, but the greeblies are unique to this blaster. This is the last E-11 from the collection (except maybe a Tunisia Bapty some day, most likely made from a FM or a Denix, but that is another story), now I can say my blaster collection is complete, waiting just for the RS Scout pistol to arrive and call it done.

Pugman Snowtrooper blaster.jpg

Pugman ESB Stromtrooper blaster Leia.jpg

Pugman ESB Stromtrooper blaster Leia2.jpg

ROTJ Pugman ESB E-11 blaster 04.jpg

Merr Sonn Power 5 Imperial blaster pistol (Denix conversion), a very underrated blaster. I modded it recently by adding a few more greeblies and painting the handles black. The stand is full metal (aluminum and steel)

Merr-Sonn-Power-5-blaster-39.jpg

Merr-Sonn-Power-5-blaster-41.jpg

Merr-Sonn-Power-5-blaster-42.jpg

Merr-Sonn-Power-5-blaster-43.jpg

Merr-Sonn-Power-5-blaster-44.jpg

Merr-Sonn-Power-5-blaster-Star-Wars-Costumes-book.jpg

The Gentle Giant Legends in 3 Dimensions TIE Fighter Pilot bust. A very cool display piece, hefty and pretty accurate condiering it is a bust. The size is not quite 1/2, it is between 1/3 and 1/2, and the jumpsuit should have been flat black instead of dark grey, but still it is a very nice collectible.

GG-Legends-in-3-D-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-bust-11.jpg

GG-Legends-in-3-D-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-bust-12.jpg

GG-Legends-in-3-D-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-bust-13.jpg

GG-Legends-in-3-D-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-bust-15.jpg

Back