Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that the long front shirt looks to cover the NECA diaper.
Judgin by Trick or Treat Studios's mask offerings, and Megos dollies, its possible we could see Curse of Frankenstein, Curse of the Werewolf, monster from Hell, Peter Cushing characters, Kharis Mummy, Reptile, Lom Phantom of the Opera, Plague of the Zombies, and maybe even Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires. that's a lot of cool figures right there.

Judgin by Trick or Treat Studios's mask offerings, and Megos dollies, its possible we could see Curse of Frankenstein, Curse of the Werewolf, monster from Hell, Peter Cushing characters, Kharis Mummy, Reptile, Lom Phantom of the Opera, Plague of the Zombies, and maybe even Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires. that's a lot of cool figures right there.
I can't see them going that deep.

Hence the word "possible" in the choices. I was simply pointing out which characters apparently comprise the current Hammer Horror license as viable choices. Given the current state of the world...I too would be shocked if they went very deeply. Unfortunately. Especially considering they announced the license acquisition in 2020, and we are just now getting Sir Christopher. Yet I must confess, I was gleefully surprised by Mego offerings of Reptile and Plague of the Zombies, and ToTS' Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires. hope springs eternal, but sometimes needs some oil.

Sorry if that came off as aggressive, it wasn't meant to be. I hope they do get to some of those movies. 🤞

Sorry if that came off as aggressive, it wasn't meant to be. I hope they do get to some of those movies. 🤞
It didn't. I know voice inflection can be lost in textual messages. You cannot imagine how shocked I was to see a Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires mask. It's absolutely one of my late nite tv childhood favorites. Fingers crossed as well. Think what they could do with Trevor Grove and the other talents they have at their disposal.

We can only hope that any NECA offering of Kharis includes at least a flask of whiskey to honor Lon Chaney Jr's dislike of the role.

I did not know that, I always assumed the Mummy in that film had a different name. Shame on me for not watching it then, I'll do that tonight. Though the idea of having two different figures of Kharis is appealing if I'll be honest.
While I adore (border line mania) the Universal Monsters flicks, Hammer's original 1959 The Mummy is a masterpiece. It is my favorite Mummy film of all time. The colour, direction, soundtrack, Lee and Cushing, and the fact that they took all of the elements of Universal's 1940's series, and made it into a rather neat and cohesive plot, is sresponsible for my adoration of it.

Lee hated the role because it caused him injury on set. So he was loathe to speak highly of it until he was a little older. Then he changed his tune. He considered it a masterpiece.

Lee dislocated his shoulder busting through a set of glass doors that were supposed to be unlocked....and weren't. So when he barrels through,....it's real! He was pretty strong.

There is also a scene where they literally blow a hole or two in the Mummy's wraps, and the effects burned him.

In a production still, his neck wrap is seen unsnapping, as he was very physical in the role.

So he wasn't thrilled about doing it. Yet, as stated, years later he warmed up to it and called it out for its brilliance.

In later Hammer Mummy entries, there are different mummies who are NOT Kharis that are featured. That's probably why you didn't remember Hammer having a Kharis.

I have devoted a great deal of time to the watching and rewatching of these films. Those were the days.

Back