Mars Toys - 1/6 Catwoman (Batman Returns)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The three original renders should ALL be scraped. None fit the character... especially not that weird happy Harley Quinn smiley one.

Personally, I don't like the new one either. Mouth shape looks wrong; upper lip should be a lot fuller.
Yeah gotta say I'm not loving these choices either. I can see the Pfeiffer likeness, but there's none of that attitude or sultriness or even look of disgust she often has in the movie.

image-asset.jpeg

3262653.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

8ac3293a2fda1dc97bc06a8cd73be827.jpg

8bc20fbbc9d047391818820ad46a5c29.jpg

Kinda crazy.. all those sculpts and I agree that none are that fitting of the character. Also Mars needs to get on actually releasing figures they’ve announced instead of adding more and more to the pile. They do well when they actually release figures but are pretty slow.

Yeah, they need to rework all of the heads.

If anyone is in the Mars Toys facebook group, could you post these comparisons in the comments for their latest Catwoman posts?

FE3C02BC-696A-40F5-9DA4-6A42892E9B3F.jpeg

E3E3AC1E-A27E-4338-BCA4-06142FE01243.jpeg

A2503ACC-0A26-42DA-BAD7-DD3DB8E5E99B.jpeg

32E26AF3-8BB4-461B-BED2-FAD5BBC8A402.jpeg

A big issue is that her eyes alone aren’t “moody” enough.

If they can take the time to completely redo their Burgess Meredith Penguin heads, surely Pfeiffer Catwoman is worthy of the same treatment.

Eyes are an issue for sure. Not expressive in the right way for what they’re going for. Also the shape of the eyebrows and mouth seem off when comparing against the screen grabs.

Also the cutouts for the eyes on the masks don’t look wide enough/aren’t the right shape and on the right side should have that little rip.

I feel like this character easily deserves two seperate releases:
-the second night out on the town Catwoman with three headsculpts (Meow! / hear me roar headsculpt, closed mouth and sultry, laughing)
-a battle-damaged finale version with another three headsculpts (masked angry, masked hopeful / sad and an unmasked Selina Kyle headsculpt)

Eyes are an issue for sure. Not expressive in the right way for what they’re going for. Also the shape of the eyebrows and mouth seem off when comparing against the screen grabs.

Also the cutouts for the eyes on the masks don’t look wide enough/aren’t the right shape and on the right side should have that little rip.

Still suspicious since Mars said "NEXT" over a year ago for this figure... and its the same head sculpts, just a 4th one added in all that time. No work on the renders, no proto costume, nothing.

They like to troll us, it's clear. Every render (Catwoman) or even fully produced prototype (Two-Face) comes with the caption "Next" or "Soon." There's no real rhyme or reason to anything they do. We got three releases in January (Mr. W, Mr. J, Alfred). In the 4 months since they couldn't finish at least one figure for release? It seems their resources are spread across all figures being produced, that's why nothing gets done.

I agree, this character deserves two separate releases/looks. Though I would be content with only two heads per figure, especially since a battle-damaged Catwoman pretty much mandates rooted hair.

Back