Hot Toys C-3PO (ROTJ)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got mine from Sideshow, and am really liking it. The weathering does not seem as bad as i thought, but I think I'd like to try and tone it down a bit. Has anyone tried using cape cod cloths to remove some weathering like peopled did with the chrome Mando?

This is really a great figure. Easily one of my favorites right now. It just pops on the shelf. I loved the aotc version and this is even more striking. Padme just arrived too and is a nice figure, but this blows it away. Not even close.
I’m really tempted to get another one for my endor display.

This is really a great figure. Easily one of my favorites right now. It just pops on the shelf. I loved the aotc version and this is even more striking. Padme just arrived too and is a nice figure, but this blows it away. Not even close.
I’m really tempted to get another one for my endor display.

I don't have mine yet but based on so many reviews and pics I know I'm going to love how much it stands out, you can't beat that shiny gold :cool:

I just got mine from Sideshow, and am really liking it. The weathering does not seem as bad as i thought, but I think I'd like to try and tone it down a bit. Has anyone tried using cape cod cloths to remove some weathering like peopled did with the chrome Mando?

When did you order yours if you don't mind me asking? It definitely seems like the first to pre-order are getting theirs which makes sense. I only ordered mine very recently.

When did you order yours if you don't mind me asking? It definitely seems like the first to pre-order are getting theirs which makes sense. I only ordered mine very recently.
I ordered mine fairly recently in February, so I definitely wasn't one of the first to pre-order. SS really has no obvious pattern as to how they ship. From our prespective, it seems pretty random. I'm sure you'll get yours soon, they seem to be rolling out now.

I received my HT 3PO about a week ago. I immediately felt like the head was a bit undersized, the face a bit off, and the finish looking more like a copper/brownish gold color versus a brassy finish. Coming here and reading the posts have confirmed I'm not alone in my opinion.

Not without flaws, my favorite is still the Tamashii Nations version. I hope Hot Toys improves on later incarnations.

Someone here did try that and said it had no effect. But may be worth a second shot?

Back