Asmus Toys - Trish - DMC V 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Trish today. She’s actually pretty good. The body is ok. Not great. The DMCV sculpt is not my favorite, so I’ll be using the DMC4 sculpt.
Also included was a little brochure showing the other figures and a tease for DMC1 Dante!

View attachment 706214

Thanks for the first pics of this. Is it the camera focal length, I gotta say that DMC4 Trish headsculpt also looks notably worse than the prototype. Face looks swollen?

467625-KUr5NY6718w.jpg

467622-6j-0blFaWiM.jpg

Thanks for the first pics of this. Is it the camera focal length, I gotta say that DMC4 Trish headsculpt also looks notably worse than the prototype. Face looks swollen?

467625-KUr5NY6718w.jpg

467622-6j-0blFaWiM.jpg
probably. Looks different in hand. If I take photos with an actual camera and not my phone I’ll post em up. Here’s a closer shot. A little warping here too. It’s somewhere in between

Attachments

• IMG_1834.jpeg
    IMG_1834.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Thank you for sharing @Biojex! After seeing the pictures, I feel I am still on the fence if I want to get it or not. The face shape is certainly throwing me off and I was curious to know if you can expound more on your thoughts on the body used. It looks like there is a very striking color tone difference between the mixed materials of the hands and body.

I can see why Asmus quietly shipped to buyers without notice of Trish's release.
Once I receive the item, I will be able to judge, but now I feel more disappointed with them.

The lady they made was not perfect, but it was a charming figure.
Maybe there was someone in the production team who really hated Trish?

Thank you for sharing @Biojex! After seeing the pictures, I feel I am still on the fence if I want to get it or not. The face shape is certainly throwing me off and I was curious to know if you can expound more on your thoughts on the body used. It looks like there is a very striking color tone difference between the mixed materials of the hands and body.
Face shape seems fine in hand. I’ll provide more pics below. The body is akin to the bodies used by SW toys if you’re familiar with them. It can hit most poses well enough but the rubber material feels very thin and the joints not as sturdy. The skin tone is another thing that looks ok in hand. It’s the same song and dance with most seamless bodies. The bodies aren’t painted but the face is painted with various skin tones and in this case face makeup with more red and pink tones that clash with the pale body.
What the heck, those arms look terrible.... looks like a gumby character.
It’s not far off from the source material. But yes, if I care enough to, there will probably be a body swap in the future
. IMG_1852.jpegIMG_1853.jpeg

Sheesh... the shoulders are wonky, those headsculpts are horrible. It's like a 3rd party figure.

1717688541123.png

The size of the clothes is so loose that it is meaningless to have a string in the middle of the clothes.
I don't know what Asmus, who always made their clothes tight, is thinking this time.

1717688708800.png

The problem with the boots joint seems to be an improvement, but it's not painted properly.
Why should the flesh be seen over there?

1717689002630.png

The shape of the bangs is crushed, and the junction across the middle of the head is terrible.
Even the paint on the bangs is clearly visible as it has flowed down and hardened.

WHAT THE HELL??

It's the first time Asmus has shown such terrible product quality.
If it was just a matter of the body, I can move on, but Trish is really a serious problem with everything.

Seriously, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???

Last edited:
Not talking about how skinny they are or anything but the shape. They look like big noodles that they just bent, like gumby. There is barely any human form to them. Just look at those shoulders.

16681-Gumby-Rubber-website.png

View attachment 706521

The size of the clothes is so loose that it is meaningless to have a string in the middle of the clothes.
I don't know what Asmus, who always made their clothes tight, is thinking this time.

View attachment 706522

The problem with the boots joint seems to be an improvement, but it's not painted properly.
Why should the flesh be seen over there?

View attachment 706526

The shape of the bangs is crushed, and the junction across the middle of the head is terrible.
Even the paint on the bangs is clearly visible as it has flowed down and hardened.

WHAT THE HELL??

It's the first time Asmus has shown such terrible product quality.
If it was just a matter of the body, I can move on, but Trish is really a serious problem with everything.

Seriously, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???
Certainly the bangs look Terrible,

I would ask you: dyt it would be better to remove them?

I think I will have to get a red Jacket for this figure or make a pose to conceal the noodles arms

Back