All Mondo X-Men Animated Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine says the same but April 30
Mine says same as well but for May 14. This means DHL hasn't gotten the shipment physically yet...so no idea how long that will take. I emailed DHL and they mentioned to contact the shipper as to when DHL will get the shipment.

Found a decent pose I liked for Wolverine. The figure has certainly grown on me over the past few days. It's basically everything I want in a comic book figure. Though I don't think the cell shading paint job is necessary. I think the darker yellow works on the costume, but the tan as a shadow on the skintone doesn't work.

WolverinePose.jpg

It kinda makes me want a company to make Jim Lee figures like this, the painted cross hatching would get pretty intense. But that's really all I want, a Batman and the X-Men that look like Jim Lee's art. I'm realizing that the musculature of those characters just doesn't work with a spandex suit. The movie superhero costumes have muscles that are literally sculpted on, so there's just no way to get that defined musculature in 1/6 unless it's sculpted.

Also, I noticed the head doesn't seem to want to sit flush on the neck. Once I swapped heads, I noticed I can't push this head any further onto the neck peg. It provides for wider articulation in the neck, but looks weird from the side
WolverineHead.jpg

Wanted their Omega Red, then I saw how heavily the cell shading was on it. Completely ruined it for me.

So far, I'm only in for Sabertooth from this line.

Found a decent pose I liked for Wolverine. The figure has certainly grown on me over the past few days. It's basically everything I want in a comic book figure. Though I don't think the cell shading paint job is necessary. I think the darker yellow works on the costume, but the tan as a shadow on the skintone doesn't work.

View attachment 703963

It kinda makes me want a company to make Jim Lee figures like this, the painted cross hatching would get pretty intense. But that's really all I want, a Batman and the X-Men that look like Jim Lee's art. I'm realizing that the musculature of those characters just doesn't work with a spandex suit. The movie superhero costumes have muscles that are literally sculpted on, so there's just no way to get that defined musculature in 1/6 unless it's sculpted.

Also, I noticed the head doesn't seem to want to sit flush on the neck. Once I swapped heads, I noticed I can't push this head any further onto the neck peg. It provides for wider articulation in the neck, but looks weird from the side
View attachment 703964
Any other QC issues with the Wolverine..I heard about issues with weak or loose legs and his claws getting deformed

Back